San Francisco. Liberal and foggy, this is a popular tourist destination and a city you need to explore. Here’s what you should do:
- Drive on Lombard street. One of the crookedest/steepest roads in the world.
- Visit Alcatraz Island, a former prison.
- Hang out on Pier 39 and nearby Fisherman’s Wharf
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge/hike to a view point at Golden State Park
- Visit Chinatown
- Legion of Honor art museum
- Asian Art Museum
- Take a walking tour. Shop, see the old homes.
- Visit Mission Dolores park and you might be lucky enough to see a man on the hill dancing in a speedo. (I’m being sarcastic about that true experience, but the park really is fun).