When I was a junior in high school, my AP Language teacher had us all write a list of 50 things we wanted to complete in our life. She told us the story of John Goddard, who accomplished a lot in his life. I hadn’t thought of the ‘bucket list’ phenomenon much before but I took this assignment SO seriously.
Calling it a ‘life list’ instead of a ‘bucket list’ is important. This means it’s a list of things you want to do during LIFE. Because you love life. Not because you’re afraid to die.
I made my list of 50 things and loved it. I started trying to cross things off. Then the next year came and I already had new ideas of things I wanted to do. So I added 50 things for 2016. And that’s when it really started.
I have a life list where I add 50 things I want to do in my life every year. This is one of my greatest joys. I change every year so the goals always reflect how I’m different.
I don’t put three types of goals on my list:
- Travel goals because I will go everywhere. That’d be too much to write down.
- Things that can’t be measured. Like relationships and spiritual things usually.
- Stupid things I can and should do anyway. Like go boating. You should look up bucket list ideas on Pinterest. Some are ridiculous.
Basically I put down whatever I feel. I take a long time to put together each list every year and I make sure I love it before it’s final. It is honestly so fun for me.
I don’t want to post my life list because it’s so special to me. But some of the things on there include:
- Hang out with real gypsies
- Spend three hours in an old cemetery (I’m thinking Gettysburg)
- Go on a pilgrimage
Try it, and give me more ideas!